Withdrawal of drugs means discontinue the use of drugs which is using for a very long time. This is very hard when you are trying to withdraw any opioid drugs mainly. Opioid drugs like tramadol develop a dependency on the drugs and you experience a lot of trouble in breaking the chain of using the drugs.
Tramadol is one of the most used a opioid pain killer all over the world. Tramadol is an opioid analgesic which act on central nervous system used to treat moderate to moderately severe pain. Tramadol is available in two forms
1. Immediate-release form : This is used to treat acute pain of pain caused due to accident or surgery.
Brand name – Ultram
2. Extended-release form : It is used to treat chronic type pain or Arthritis pain.
Brand name – ConZip
️ Uses of Tramadol
Tramadol is used to treat moderate to severe pain. Tramadol treat the pain of arthritis pain, cancer pain, post surgery pain, pain caused due to accident or also used to lower the blood pressure. Tramadol cause euphoric effect in our brain. so many of them uses these drug for non medical purpose also. The functions and the uses of tramadol Is It still fully not known to the scientists. Tramadol Online USA
️ Working process of Tramadol
Tramadol belongs to the group of opioid like hydrocodone and oxycodone but its working process is different from other drugs of the same group. Tramadol works by binding the pain messages from whole body to the brain. Tramadol provoke the endorphins in the brain and these endorphins bind to the receptors called receiving cells and the receptor send reduced pain messages to the brain. But if you continuously use tramadol for pain management the structures and the pathway of pain relieving changes and increases the tolerancy power of users and the users need more tablet to achieve the same effect.
️ Tramadol nature
Tramadol belong to the group of schedule IV drug class where as hydrocodone and oxycodone belongs to the group of schedule II drug class. Due to the higher in drug class hydrocodone and oxycodone is more abusive in nature than tramadol. Tramadol belongs to lower drug class but it is very abusive in nature. Tramadol can create tolerancy and dependency very easily. And user easily become addicted to tramadol. The user who is using tramadol for a long period than they create dependency on this drug. And also some users use this drug for non medical purpose which is more likely to induce dependency on this drug.
️ Some warnings for Tramadol users
For the use of tramadol US food and drug administration issued some serious warning. These warnings are set to alert you and the doctors about the serious effects of the drug that how much tramadol can be dangerous.
1. Accidental ingestion warnings : drugs can be dangerous if it is eaten up accidentally, mainly by children.
2. Addiction and misuse warnings : using tramadol ka induced tolerancy, dependency and overdose of drugs.
3. Breathing warnings : during the first weeks of tramadol use of when your dose is increased user can face breathing problems like, it may slow down your breathing or stop the breathing which cause death also.
4. Neonatal opioid withdrawal syndrome warnings : using tramadol for long time during pregnancy can cause withdrawal of tramadol in your baby also.
5. Interactions with other drugs warnings : using tramadol with some other drugs can cause some serious problems
️ Side Effects of Tramadol
tramadol is very risky medicines it can cause so many problems in the body of the users will stop these problems arises when you first start taking the tramadol or when you are you using it for a long period of time or when you increase your dosages.
➡️ Common Side effects of Tramadol
5. Dry mouth
10. Stimulation of the central nervous system
➡️ Some less common side effects
1. Allergic reaction
3. Dip in blood pressure when standing up
4. Disturbed co-ordination
5. Difficulty in breathing
7. Menopausal symptoms
8. Rapid heartbeat
9. Retention of urine or frequent urination
10. Visual disturbance
11. Weight loss
➡️ Serious side effects
Very few users of tramadol experience these side effects.
1. QT prolongation (heart rhythm problem) : This is a serious condition related to heart rhythm. Tramadol sometimes can disturb the heartbeat’s electrical activity which leads to life-threatening irregular heartbeats.
2. Respiratory Depression : This problem can cause when you use tramadol for the first time or you increase your doses. Sometimes when you use tramadol with other drugs this also arises respiratory depression. If anyone experience difficulty in breathing while using tramadol then directly consult with doctor.
3. Serotonin Syndrome : When you use tramadol in excess amount then too much of serotonin accumulates in your body which causes serotonin Syndrome. So be careful in using tramadol without doctor’s prescription.
️ Withdrawal of Tramadol
When your body and brain becomes habitual for the effect of tramadol and also adjust itself according to the chemical effect of Tramadol. And your body habituated with the presence of this drug then this situation is fatal. After this when you discontinued the drug, your body and brain opposes the body functions and slow down or speed up the the functions of the body. Due to discontinue the use of tramadol withdrawal symptoms of tramadol occur that are:
➡️ Common Tramadol withdrawal symptoms
1. Abdominal cramps
4. Blurred vision
10. Loss of appetite
11. Mood swings
12. Muscles pain
Due to the two mechanism of tramadol it have two types of tramadol withdrawal symptoms. That are;
1. Traditional opioid withdrawal symptoms
➡️ Body pain
➡️ muscles pain
2. Atypical opioid withdrawal symptoms
➡️ anxiety and panic attacks
➡️ intense paranoia
➡️ unusual sensory experience
️ Timeline of Tramadol withdrawal
If you discontinue or reduce the use of Tramadol you will feel tramadol withdrawal symptoms within the few hours. Withdrawal symptoms last from 5 to 14 days or a few more weeks also. It depends on how long you have been using tramadol and what amount of tramadol you are taking.
➡️ Days 1-3 : These are the starting days of discontinuing or reducing the use of Tramadol. So these starting days are very hard. You may experience withdrawal symptoms like hell.
➡️ Days 4-7 : You feel cravings for tramadol still need the drugs and not able to sleep. You also feel confused and stressed.
➡️ Days 8-14 : Symptoms should be mild now. You may feel depressed, anxious and not able to sleep but this is normal.
Withdrawal of drug is not easy for any user who are using tramadol for long period or using in excess amount. But if you are willing to discontinue the use of drug then you must strongly consider this. And then gradually reduce your dosages, you may feel symptoms like anxiety, Insomnia, mood swings and depressed but you don’t experience the other withdrawal symptoms in this process. This way is one of the best way of withdrawal of tramadol and also consult with the doctors for better result.